Call it a healthy disrespect for the status quo, but we were getting bored with hardtail designs. So instead of playing along, we opted to turn the cross country world on its head with a bike that's not only the lightest mountain frame we've ever made. It's our lightest frame—period. Introducing the S-Works Epic Hardtail World Cup.
Call it a healthy disrespect for the status quo, but we were getting bored with hardtail designs. So instead of playing along with a glued-on smile, we opted to turn the cross country world on its head with a bike that's not only the lightest mountain frame we've ever made. It's our lightest frame—period. Introducing the S-Works Epic Hardtail World Cup.
To hit the 900g mark, we built the entire frame from our highest-end carbon fiber, FACT 11m, and then we took some cues from our road bikes. We borrowed the Rider-First Engineered™ concept that originated with the Tarmac. Now, the frame design applies specificity to every tube size and carbon layup for every frame size. This creates the optimal balance of rigidity, weight, and responsiveness, so every frame, regardless of size, performs just as we intended. We've also tweaked the geometry for more speed and stability by slacking-out the head tube angle, lengthening the top tube, and correcting the seat tube angle.
This way, it feels more planted then ever, and frankly, it's stupid fast. We also widened the rear spacing to 12x148mm and included internal split-housing cable routing. For the build, the S-Works spares no expense, opting for a RockShox SID World Cup w/ Brain fork, SRAM XX1 Eagle, and hand-built Roval Control SL carbon wheels.
To provide the optimal blend of stiffness, crazy light weight, and strength, we constructed the frame from our FACT 11m carbon fiber. And when combined with our XC 29 Geometry, the Epic is guaranteed to deliver uncompromising, blistering speed and agile handling come race day—no matter the course.
The RockShox SID World Cup 29 w/ Brain fork provides 90/100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximize your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps.
The one-by drivetrain is controlled by SRAM's venerable XX1 Eagle components to form the ultimate in efficiency and intuitive feel, while also having the added benefit of significant weight savings and minimal required maintenance.
- ramme FACT 11m, full carbon, XC Geometry, internal split-housing cable routing, PF30 BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- Forgaffel Custom RockShox SID World Cup w/Brain, Position Sensitive damper, top-mount Brain Fade adjust, rebound adjust, Solo Air spring, tapered carbon crown/steerer, 110x15mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle, 90/100mm of travel, 51mm offset
- Forreste nav Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, labyrinth style, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h
- Eger DT Swiss Revolution
- Fælge Roval Control SL 29, hookless carbon, 22mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- Fordæk Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- Bagdæk Fast Trak, Control casing, 29x2.2", 60TPI, Aramid folding bead, 2Bliss Ready
- Kranksæt 34T
- Krankboks SRAM PF30, OS press-in bearings
- Skift håndtag SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed, trigger
- Bagskifter SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed
- Kassette SRAM XG-1295, 12-speed, 10-50t
- Kæde SRAM XX1 Eagle, black,12-speed w/PowerLink
- Forbremse SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc, carbon lever, titanium hardware, organic pads, 180/160mm rotor
- Bagbremse SRAM Level Ultimate, hydraulic disc, carbon lever, titanium hardware, organic pads, 160mm rotor
- Cykelstyr Specialized Mini-rise, FACT carbon, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm
- Greb Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- Frempind Syntace F109, 6-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- Sadel Body Geometry S-Works Phenom, carbon rails, 143mm
- Sadelpind S-Works FACT carbon, 0mm setback, carbon rail clamps
- Saddel klemme Alloy, titanium bolt, 30.0mm
- Pedaler Resin Test Ride with toe clips, CEN std.
Specifikationerne kan ændres uden varsel.
Der tages forbehold for trykfejl.