While carbon often gets all the credit, alloy is far from obsolete, especially the M5 premium aluminum with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology found on the Epic Comp Alloy. It's lightweight, stiff, and can also take a beating. But not only that, you also get a redesigned version of the Brain suspension technology that's made the Epic a force to reckoned with on any course.
Race courses have evolved over the past few years. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging to ride. But instead of quivering in our boots, we saw this as an opportunity to make something special—something that both World Cup athletes and XC riders alike can instantly feel the benefit from. We looked at the sum of parts that make a bike handle well, like the head angle, reach, stack, chainstay length, fork offset, etc., and reevaluated all of it. Increasing the reach made a bike that was more stable at speed and generally more comfortable to ride. Dropper posts? Yep, those fit, and not just a short-travel XC option, but full-length droppers that fit in the 30.9mm seat tube. Head angle? We slacked that out, but not without evaluating the overall handling package. It now lands on a custom offset, 42mm fork that works with the slacker head angle in order to behave itself in tight corners and through switchbacks.
Next comes Brain 2.0. The original Brain changed the way the bike world looked at suspension, both in its inefficiencies and benefits alike. And oh, was it good. It won races and put a flag in the ground for us as a true leader in innovation and suspension development, but we knew that we could make it better. Simple physics told us that, by moving the Brain closer to the rear axle, it would be in the most sensitive spot. And after countless hours with the RockShox team, the Brain became more than just a slight upgrade. It's totally reborn. Now, it reacts seamlessly to bump forces, it has much more consistent damping performance, and finally, it integrates the hoses into the suspension links. This, in turn, improves oil paths, and it creates an incredibly sleek package that outperforms anything on the market.
At the heart of the construction, you'll find our M5 alloy with the exclusive D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, which strategically places more welding material where it's needed, resulting in an aluminum bike that's more compliant and considerably stiffer at nearly every tube juncture.
The build of the Epic Comp Alloy is value-packed, featuring an 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset, SRAM Level TL brakes, and a Roval Control Alloy wheelset. Get ready, because this is going to be Epic.
- The M5 Premium Alloy frame with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology finally brings you all the benefits of alloy, like durability, in a lightweight package.
- A RockShox Reba RL fork soaks up the bumps up front, and features both compression and rebound adjustments.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle at a doable price point.
- ramme Specialized M5 Aluminum w/ D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel
- Forgaffel RockShox Reba RL 29, Motion Control damper, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 100mm of travel
- Forreste nav Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
- Bagerste nav Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- Eger DT Swiss Industry
- Fælge Roval Control Alloy 29", 25mm internal width
- Fordæk Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- Bagdæk Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"
- Kranksæt Truvativ STYLO, DUB
- Klinge SRAM Eagle, 32T
- Krankboks SRAM DUB, threaded BB
- Skift håndtag Sram NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- Bagskifter SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Kassette SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t
- Kæde SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Forbremse SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- Bagbremse SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- Cykelstyr Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Greb Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- Frempind Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- Sadel Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- Sadelpind Alloy, single-bolt, 30.9mm
- Saddel klemme Alloy, 34.9mm
- Pedaler Specialized Dirt
- Bagdæmper Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm
- Slanger Standard, Presta valve
Specifikationerne kan ændres uden varsel.
Der tages forbehold for trykfejl.
|Bike Standover Height||371mm||371mm||371mm||371mm|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||105mm||120mm||140mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||568mm||596mm||623mm||647mm|