With all of the growth in full-suspension XC bikes, we found that hardtails were starting to become a little same old, same old. So we thought to ourselves, 'What better time then now to shake things up with a modern, revolutionary design?' Say hello to the Epic Hardtail Expert.
It's one of the lightest frames we've ever made, tipping the scales around 1175g. And to make it this light, we built the entire frame from our superlative FACT 11m carbon fiber, and then we took some cues from our road bikes. We borrowed the Rider-First Engineered™ concept that originated with the Tarmac. Now, the frame design applies specificity to every tube size and carbon layup for every frame size. This creates the optimal balance of rigidity, weight, and responsiveness, so every frame, regardless of size, performs just as we intended.
We've also tweaked the geometry for more speed and stability by slacking-out the head tube angle, lengthening the top tube, and correcting the seat tube angle. This way, it feels more planted then ever, and frankly, it's stupid fast. We also widened the rear spacing to 12x148mm and included internal split-housing cable routing.
For the build, this Epic Hardtail successfully balances value with performance, with a custom-tuned RockShox SID fork with Brain, SRAM GX Eagle™ 12-speed shifting, and quick-to-accelerate Roval Control Carbon wheels.
- By pairing a FACT 11m carbon fiber frame with our XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on revolutionary tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- SRAM's 12-speed GX Eagle groupset, with its 10-50t cassette, provides a wide gear range that lets you spin up the climbs, yet have plenty of top end for the descents. One-by setups also decrease weight and make it next to impossible to drop a chain.
- Roval's new Control Carbon wheels have many of the hallmarks of the Control Sl wheels, like a 25mm internal width, and a new shape—making traction, low weight, and durability all top priorities.
- ramme Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, internal split-housing cable routing, PF30 BB, 12x148mm rear-end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- Forgaffel RockShox SID 29 w/ Brain, bottom-adjust Brain Fade, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 51mm offset, (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- Forreste nav Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h
- Bagerste nav Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- Eger DT Swiss Industry
- Fælge Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready
- Fordæk Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- Bagdæk Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"
- Kranksæt Truvativ STYLO, DUB
- Krankboks SRAM, DUB, PF30
- Skift håndtag SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
- Bagskifter SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Kassette SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t
- Kæde SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Forbremse SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- Bagbremse SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc
- Cykelstyr Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Greb Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- Frempind Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- Sadel Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- Sadelpind Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- Saddel klemme Specialized Alloy, 30.0mm
- Pedaler Specialized Dirt
- Klinge SRAM Eagle, 32T
- Slanger Presta, 60mm valve
Specifikationerne kan ændres uden varsel.
Der tages forbehold for trykfejl.
|Bike Standover Height||760mm||790mm||814mm||845mm|
|Fork Length, Full||496mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Head Tube Angle||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°||69.8°|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||110mm||125mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||430mm||470mm||520mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||568mm||595mm||623mm||649mm|